Monthly Archives: August 2014
Looking to get back in to the swing of your job search that seems to have gone by the way side this summer? Here are 5 tips to get you motivated and on your way.
1. Now is the best time to start looking for a new job – Fall is a busy hiring time. Many hiring managers and decision makers have been away all summer on much needed vacations and once back in action they are ready to make hires in September.
2. Look for interesting job postings on LinkedIn – Connect directly with the job poster and let them know you are interested, and why you are a great fit for the job. You have an early start if you start now.
3. Plan to attend at least 2 networking opportunities in September. Groups on LinkedIn, Meet Ups or through your industry associations are great ways to get out and network.
4. Go through your Address Book and send at least 10 emails to people who may be able to connect you with a new job, to ask how their summer has been going. Everyone is still in a good mood and more relaxed so get in touch now so when the busy fall season comes you are already top of mind.
5. Set up 3 Career Alerts: Monster, Workopolis and Indeed are highly suggested so matching jobs come directly to your inbox with out you having to spend time searching every day.