Looking to land a new position by the New Year? Here are a few tips to help you fast-track the search
1. Apply for jobs in your most recent two industries (if you worked in banking, apply to other banks)
2. If you see a job you want to apply to on line, apply – and then email a friend/co-worker if you can to ask them to put in a good word
3. Apply to jobs close to home. Hiring Managers respond well to resumes of candidates that can get to work easily.
4. Check Craigslist (yes, I am serious, it’s not for the faint of heart, but people on both sides are motivated to get moving)
5. Tailor your resume for each job you apply for. It’s not “copying” if you have done these things and it shows you were paying attention. It will also trigger key words if a database is doing the sorting of the resumes and not human eyeballs.